Please read these terms and conditions (“Conditions”) before booking your holiday cottage. If you have any questions about them please contact us using the contact details provided. Durrants Holiday Cottages (the “Agent”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is a trading name of George Durrant & Sons Limited, a limited company with company number 02892242 and registered office address 34 The Thoroughfare, Harleston, Norfolk, IP20 9AU. We act as agent on behalf of the owner (the “Owner”) of the holiday cottage (the “Property”). Once the booking confirmation is issued, this contract is between you (the “Occupier”, “you”, “your”), and the Owner.
1.1 The Occupier shall be the person(s) named on the booking form, and they will be responsible for the obligations set out in these Conditions. The booking is personal to the Occupier and shall not be assigned to another person without the Agent’s prior written consent.
1.2 The Occupier must be at least 18 years old at the time of booking. All other members of the party must authorise the Occupier to make the booking on the basis of these Conditions. By making the booking, the Occupier confirms that they are authorised to make the booking and that all other members of the party agree that the booking will be governed by these Conditions.
2.1 A booking of a Property can be made through our website’s online booking system, found at www.durrantsholidaycottages.co.uk. Alternatively, if you do not have access to the internet, or would like to discuss your holiday options, we can be reached by telephone at 01502 723292.
2.2 The price payable for the booking will be as set out on our website and/or brochure or as otherwise notified to you prior to you making the booking.
2.3 We will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that details of the properties on our website and/or brochure are accurate, and all details are provided in good faith. Please note that all photographs and other imagery are provided for illustrative purposes only and shall not form part of this contract. Changes may have been made to the Property between the time of those photographs being taken and your stay.
2.4 The maximum number of persons (including the Occupier) who are permitted to stay in the Property will be as set out in the description of the Property on our website and/or brochure. You shall not permit any persons in excess of this number to stay at the Property, other than babies in cots by agreement in advance.
3. Booking Fee
3.1 A non-refundable booking fee of £25 is payable in respect of the first booking of a Property which you make in each calendar year (other than beach huts – see clause 3.2 below). This booking fee is payable at the time of booking. No booking fee shall be payable in respect of further Property bookings which you make in the relevant calendar year.
3.2 If you wish to book a beach hut (see clause 8), there is a non-refundable £10 booking fee payable, provided always that this booking fee shall not be payable if you have already paid a booking fee in respect of a Property or another beach hut in the same calendar year.
4. Security Deposit
4.1 A security deposit will be payable where specified in the details of the Property on our website and/or brochure. Where a security deposit is required, payment of such amount is due not less than 4 weeks prior to your arrival and will be refunded approximately 10 working days from the end of your stay at the Property, subject to clause 4.2 below.
4.2 The security deposit’s release is subject to the Agent being satisfied that no breakages or damage has occurred during your stay and that clause 11.1 has been complied with such that extensive cleaning has not been required
4.3 In the event that damage or breakages have occurred at the Property, or extensive cleaning has been required, we will notify you and the security deposit will be applied towards the costs of repairing such damage or breakages or carrying out such extensive cleaning in accordance with clause 10 or clause 11 (as the case may be). Any balance of the security deposit which is remaining after payment of these costs shall be refunded to you as set out in clause 4.1. If the costs exceed the amount of the security deposit you will be liable to the Owner for any excess.
5.1 Subject to clause 5.3, a deposit of 25% of the total cost of your stay at the Property must be paid at the time of booking along with your booking fee. This deposit is non-refundable subject to clause 14.2
5.2 Where you make your booking more than 8 weeks in advance of your holiday, the remaining balance is required to be paid no later than 8 weeks prior to the beginning of your stay at the Property. If the balance is not paid by the due date, and you fail to make payment within 7 days of being notified that the payment is overdue, we shall be entitled to cancel your booking and you will forfeit your deposit and booking fee.
5.3 If you make a booking within 8 weeks of your stay at the Property, the full cost of your holiday must be paid at the time of booking.
5.4 Payments in relation to these Conditions can be made using our online booking and payments system, over the telephone with a debit or credit card, or by cheque in the post made payable to George Durrant & Sons Limited. Payments in respect of bookings which are made within 7 days of the first day of the stay must be made by debit card or a same-day bank transfer.
5.5 Where we cancel your booking as a result of your failure to pay the remaining balance within the time periods set out in clause 5.2 above, we will attempt to re-let the Property. However, if we fail to do so you will remain responsible for payment of the remaining balance. In the event we are able to re-let the Property, we will refund any sums you have paid towards your booking, other than the booking fee, and we will also deduct an administration fee of £45.
6. Your stay at the Property6.1 The booking is solely for the Occupier, and the other members of their party, to use the Property as a holiday residence and not for business or any other purposes.
7. Amenities7.1 For the length of your stay at the Property, as part of your booking, you will be provided with:
8. Beach Hut Hire8.1 Beach huts can be hired on their own or in addition to your Property booking, with keys being available for collection from our offices. There are a variety of hire periods available including:
9. Pets9.1 The Property’s details on our website and/or brochure should specify whether or not a pet is allowed to stay at the Property. In the event that no such details are provided, it is our policy that no pets are allowed other than dogs over the age of 1 year old. Where such dogs are permitted the Occupier must:
10. Breakages and damage at the Property10.1 The Occupier is responsible for all breakage and damage that occur at or to the Property during their stay. All damage to the Property or breakage of its contents must be reported to the Agent immediately
11. Cleaning11.1 The Occupier agrees to take good care of the Property (and any beach hut that is hired), including its contents, and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition upon their departure. We ask that they remove all bed linen ready for collection and laundering.
12. Cancellations12.1 All cancellations must be made in writing and can be sent by post to our offices at 98 High Street, Southwold, Suffolk, IP18 6DP or by email to [email protected] Failure to do so will result in the cancellation not being processed
13. Liability13.1 If the Owner fails to comply with these terms, the Owner will be responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of the Owner breaking this contract or failing to use reasonable care and skill, but the Owner is not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
14.Circumstances beyond the control of the Owner14.1 If the Owner is unable to permit you to stay at the Property on the dates set out in your booking due to an event beyond the Owner’s reasonable control (including, but not limited to, fire, flood, exceptional weather or governmental rules or regulations), we will notify you as soon as reasonably practicable.
15. Complaints15.1 On the rare occasion that the Property hasn’t lived up to your expectations and you wish to make a complaint, please contact us as soon as possible, ideally during your stay, so that we may have the opportunity to try to address any issue you are experiencing.
16. Access to the Property16.1 Throughout your stay it is essential that, when requested, you provide both the Agent and the Owner access to the Property to carry out maintenance and repairs.
17. CoronavirusThe importance of keeping our holidaymakers, homeowners, staff and our local community safe is Durrants Holiday Cottages’ top priority. We have researched extensively and undertaken a range of safety measures in order for holidaymakers to continue to enjoy holidaying in Southwold and the surrounding area during the Coronavirus (Covid-19) epidemic, whilst maintaining the safety of us all. You can find all the latest information and advice on Coronavirus and visiting Southwold here. Once your booking has been paid in full, we will send you some further guidance and advice which we hope you will find useful
18. Governaning Law and Jurisdiction18.1 These Conditions, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England.